World leader in waste management: containers and related services.
Waste bin access control, usage data for collection containers, incentivised pricing, etc.
Incentivised pricing solutions that encourage users to better sort their waste
- Incentivised pricing, where used, is intended to reduce the volume of household waste by favouring the recycling of reusable waste. It applies the “polluter pays” principle, where the cost for collecting and processing household waste is partially based on the volume of waste produced. Thus, the cost of collection paid by users is proportional to the quantity of waste they throw away.
- Several incentivised pricing schemes have shown results over the past ten years, with unsorted household waste reduced by around 35 to 50% and the proportion of waste that is recycled increased. There are multiple benefits: Users who correctly sort their waste have lower bills. Some municipalities can also benefit from the sale of the glass, paper and cardboard collected. This approach is also good for the environment (less waste ends up incinerated or in landfill) and for the economy (the waste collection and recycling sectors are job creators). In France thirty municipality cooperatives currently use SULO to promote waste sorting by residents.
- SULO offers a full range of waste containers and computerised management solutions to help municipalities reduce their waste collection costs, in particular via incentivised pricing systems. Our bins can be fitted with ID systems to identify the waste producer and measure their household waste. Any household waste that is subsequently incinerated or dumped in landfill is charged for by weight, motivating users to sort the waste that can be recycled and deposited into the dedicated bins. These systems have reduced the production of end waste that must be processed by the Local Authorities.
- OptiAccess® is an access control system that allows remote management of access to voluntary drop-off sites and registers daily usage data for the waste bins. It can also be used to support the implementation of an incentivised pricing programme, in particular for multi-family housing.
- OptiChip® .
- OptiNet® is a centralised management system for overseeing all your waste collection operations, from survey and installation of pre-collection equipment to billing.
- OptiSystem® is a full range of onboard IT systems in the vehicles. These systems identify the bin that was emptied and register daily bin collection data for user invoicing purposes.